Northeast Ohio Recreation Resources
- SPECIAL NEEDS OPEN JUMP
When Every Monday 4:30pm - 6pm
Where Sky Zone Westlake, 31500 Viking Parkway, Westlake, OH 44145, United States (map) and 750 Alpha Drive, Highland Heights, OH 44143
Description Open Jump exclusively for children with SPECIAL NEEDS and their siblings. $10 for 90 minutes of Open Jump time $2.00 for socks.
- SENSORY SKYCAMP
When June 19th-22nd Check-in; 8:30am SkyCamp 9:00am-12:00pm Pick-up; 12:00pm- 12:30pm
Where Sky Zone Highland Heights, 750 Alpha Drive, Highland Heights, OH 44143 Description
Camp combines trampoline fitness with structured activities that will challenge your child’s skills! Open jump activities with access to Sky Slam and Foam Zone. Dodgeball and volleyball team play with skill instruction. Fitness classes that focus on coordination, core strength improvement, and muscle toning. Fun Zone activities with crafts, lego building, and puzzles to enhance fine motor skills. All participants will receive a Sky Zone T-shirt. *Due to dietary needs, you may bring a snack for your child too! Pre-register + SAVE: April 1st-May 31st; $119/week. June 1-June 12th; $129/week. Regular pricing after June 12th; $139/week. Daily camp walk-in tickets available after June 1st for $39. Register online/in-park/or call 844-CLE-JUMP! **Must complete registration, medical form, & waiver. (Forms available on our About Us Page)
- Teach Me to Play
Age group 3-6 [Teach Me to Play]
Location Westlake Porter Public Library
Sibling care? Registration required
Join us for a play-based program designed to model and teach parents/caregivers strategies to improve their child’s social interactions, facilitate communication, and manage behavior in a positive way. This program is designed for children who need help with communication and social skills. It is led by an Early Intervention Specialist in Behavior from the Cuyahoga County Board of Developmental Disabilities.
Please note that new sessions are listed approximately one month before the actual class date. You will only see the next month's program availability when the current month's program is over.
*Registration required. If this is your first time attending this program, please contact Laurie Demchak at email@example.com. In order to accommodate as many families as possible, we ask that you only attend one session per month. Due to the popularity of this program, registrations fill quickly. If you would like to be added to the waiting list for a particular session, please contact Laurie Demchak. Families on the waiting list are given first priority for next month's registration.
- Music Therapy & More
Age group 18 mos - 6 years [Music Therapy and More]
Location Westlake Porter Public Library
Sibling care? Siblings must register for class
Led by a Board-Certified Music Therapist from MTEC, this fun and exciting music-making class meets on the second Friday and Saturday of each month. Throughout the session, the therapist will present experiences that address that month's focus area while children and their caregivers play instruments, sing and move to music! At the conclusion of each session, caregivers will receive a handout with ideas and resources, as well as have time to speak to the therapist and learn how to carry over the music therapy experiences into the home.
Two different sections are offered to accommodate different age groups:
Preschool 3 - 6 years
Family 1-6 years (best option for siblings in multiple age groups)
Need a little help getting your child ready to participate in Music Therapy & MoreSM? Download our social story!Please note that new classes are listed 30 days before the actual class date. You will only see the next month's class availability when the current month is over.
* Registration required (choose from dates/times below). To enable many families to participate in this program we ask that you only attend one class per month. Due to the popularity of this class, registrations fill quickly. If you would like to be added to the wait list for a particular section, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the date, time and number of children participating.
- Friendship Circle Programs http://www.friendscleveland.com/templates/articlecco_cdo/aid/934297/jewish/Programs.htm
- Team Impact- We improve the quality of life for children facing life-threatening and chronic illnesses through the power of team.
- Unlimited Stride 5k with kids- Runners will push children through race to finish line. It is the child's day to shine! Race will begin at 8am on May 14th, 2016. For more information or to register visit http://www.unlimitedstride.com/
- Three Trackers http://www.3trackers.org/
Sunday, May 1st, Adaptive Cycling
6909 Engle Road, Building B-19
Middleburg Hts, Ohio 44130
Try out a variety of adaptive bicycles, see what you like and what works. We will be fitting and adjusting bikes for participants and giving everyone a chance to ride. We will have a course set up on the property and welcome everyone to bring a bike and join in with their family and friends. In addition, we will have Hot Dogs, Hamburgers and beverages at no extra charge. This will be a FUN family event and a great opportunity to try out some bikes!
Cost is $20 per Adaptive participant, no additional charge for able bodied family or friends - The fee will cover misc. cost for event, burgers, pop and so on. Everyone is welcome to join us!!!! RSVP Please
- Youth Challenge- Provides sports opportunities for individuals with physical disabilities
- Empower Sports- To use sports and exercise to enrich the lives of athletes of diverse challenges, and to promote kindness, character, and service. http://www.empowersports.org/
- Recreation Unlimited- providing year round sports, recreation, and education opportunities year round for individuals with disabilities and health concerns http://www.recreationunlimited.org/campsandprograms.html
- America the Beautiful free National Park Pass- Free passes available for individuals with disabilities to all national parks. More information and application can be found at https://www.nps.gov/planyourvisit/passes.htm
- Connecting for Kids-Provides educational and support to families with concerns about their child. They also have recreation and therapeutic programs they offer at a variety of locations. http://www.connectingforkids.org
“At the Achievement Centers' Camp Cheerful, campers enjoy all the traditional camp activities including: hiking, swimming, fishing, canoeing, arts and crafts, nature study activities, games, campfire activities, music and sports.”
“Teen Camp is for youth with a wide range of special needs ages 13 through school age. Campers will enjoy traditional camp activities including swimming, arts and crafts, nature, sensory, sports, and other recreational activities.”
SENSATIONal Day Program
SENSATIONal Day Program at Camp Cheerful is a program designed for school aged children who are diagnosed with autism, PDD, PDD-NOS, or Asperger's disorder.
- Autism Society of Greater Cleveland
http://www.asgc.org/star-summer-camp (Ages 3 to 22)
The star summer camp includes hiking, physical education, yoga, and a walkers club for recreational activities.